Acetium® is a CE marked product developed and patented by Biohit Oyj. It is intended for persons with a low-acid or anacidic stomach.
Acetium is indicated for protection of stomach for three high-risk groups:
– If you have damage to and functional disorder of the gastric mucosa (atrophic gastritis)
– If you use anti-acid medication (proton pump inhibitors, such as omeprazole or lanzaprazole, or H2 blockers)
– If you have chronic helicobacter infection.
Acid-free stomach is the primary risk factor in gastric cancer. According to recent research, it is also a significant risk factor in oesophageal cancer.
This is Acetium capsule:
- Matrix granules in a hard HPMC capsule
- Active ingredient 100mg of plant-derived natural amino-acid L-cysteine made in Germany
- CE marked medical device
- Does not contain animal-derived substances, lactose, gluteine, sugar or allergens
- Package size 60 capsules
- Dosage 1-2 capsules with meal
Acetium capsules include 100mg of natural amino acid as an active ingredient. L-cysteine reacts with acetaldehyde, forming harmless 2-methylthiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid (MTCA) and thus reducing the amount of acetaldehyde in the stomach.
Acetium capsules include matrix granules in which the L-cysteine is bound with a matrix former (Eudragit® RS) and an inactive excipient. This causes L-cysteine to be released at a sustained rate and locally in the stomach – exactly where acetaldehyde is formed.